Monday, January 14, 2013

Model Of The Week ; Nick Mwaniki

NAME: Nick MwanikiHAIR COLOR: BrownEYE COLOR: HazelHEIGHT: 6'1BIRTHDATE: 23.07.1990

BEST BEAUTY SECRET: Be yourself, don't imitate.
ROLE MODEL/IDOL: Will Smith
EMBARRASSING MOMENT: When i tripped in front of a bunch of girls. I guess i was blinded by their beauty. Lol
What made you first become a model? My mother was Miss Kenya back in the days so somehow fashion has always been a part of me. However, i never took it seriously till the day a friend approached me and asked if i was interested to take part in a show she was organizing. I have never looked back since.
 
How did you feel when you did your first ever fashion show or photo shoot? I was really nervous because i did not know what to expect. I hardly slept the previous night. But the moment i stepped on stage, the crowds cheers made me feel very confident.

What are your guilty pleasures food wise: I love pizza
HOW DO YOU KEEP A FIT AND HEALTHY BODY?I hit the gym at least 3 times a week and avoid greasy foods.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE? My style is casual. You would always find me wearing a shirt, fitted jeans and a pair of loafers. It is a simple but sexy look.




WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE CITY IN THE WORLD TO VISIT AND WHY? WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL TO NEXT? This has got to be Athens in Greece because of it's rich history. Next i would like to travel to Brazil, it has always been my dream destination.
WHAT MOTIVATES OR INSPIRES YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS? WHAT ARE SOME OF THOSE GOALS? I am a hard worker with a strong desire for success. My goal is to be successful in life in whatever i do. Nothing comes easy but i believe you can achieve just about anything as long as you put your mind into it.
IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND AND COULD ONLY HAVE ONE BEAUTY PRODUCT AND ONE FASHION ITEM WITH YOU, WHAT WOULD THEY BE AND WHY? That would be my cologne and a pair of sunglasses. My cologne because i like to smell fresh and my sunglasses because they make me look cool.
 
WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY? Spending time with the people i love and care about.
If a young girl/boy wanted to be a model what would your advice for them be? Do what you love and let nobody stand in your way.

 
which well known designers have you worked with and which fashion shows hav u taken part in??
I have worked with a number of local and international designers such as John Kaveke (Kenya), Kiko Romeo (Kenya), Zekaryas Solomon (UK), Mafi (Ethiopia), among others. I have taken part in the Hub of Africa Fashion Week 2012 which was held in Ethiopia, Swahili Fashion Week 2012 in Nairobi, Festival for African Fashion and Arts (FAFA), among many others.

2 comments: